Check out a review of University of Texas Professor Allucquere Rosanne Stone’s recent book “The War of Desire and Technology at the Close of the Mechanical Age” at Slashdot here. Stone looks at virtual cross-dressers, busy cyber-labs and phone sex to capture that strange but undeniably real point where the boundaries between our technologies and ourselves continue to implode. Not your typical academic writing about cyberspace.
The War of Desire and Technology…
- Human or bot? Google Duplex scares — Human or bot? Google Duplex scares me – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-duplex-assistant-bot-deception-scary-ethics-question/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756In this age of disinformation, where fake news thrives and the public has trust issues with technology, Google designed a machine that can deceive humans. Gosh, what could go wrong? [...]
- Top 10 Most Advanced Technology Comin... — [...]
- Duterte reads ‘Economics for Dummies’... — A dummy gives a lecture, who’s listening? [...]
- Facebook data dispute reportedly prom... — Facebook data dispute reportedly prompts WhatsApp founder’s exithttps://www.engadget.com/2018/04/30/jan-koum-whatsapp-facebook/WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum is leaving Facebook. Sources told The Washington Post that he’s splitting after clashing with the messaging service’s parent company, Facebook, over its desire to use WhatsApp’s user data and weaken its encryption. [...]
- “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Let the... — “Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hand of the children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives…” –The Maw (Avengers Infinity War) “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Let the Sunshine In,” Reviewed | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/07/avengers-infinity-war-and-let-the-sunshine-in?mbid=nl_Daily%20042618&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13393283&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1382318465&spReportId=MTM4MjMxODQ2NQS2Anthony Lane on “Avengers: Infinity War,” Joe and Anthony Russo’s all-star Marvel extravaganza, and “Let the Sunshine [...]