For different perspectives on hacking, CNN Interactive posed a series of questions via e-mail to two experts in the field, one a computer security expert for IBM, the other, editor of 2600, the Hackers’ Quarterly. Click here to check it out.
Two views of hacking
- Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilit... — Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilities Require You To Take Action Now | Electronic Frontier Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-nowUPDATE (5/14/18): More information has been released. See EFF’s more detailed explanation and analysis here.A group of European security researchers have released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of PGP and S/MIME. EFF has been in communication with [...]
- Protect sensitive data with these fiv... — Protect sensitive data with these five free encryption apps – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/protect-personal-and-sensitive-data-with-these-five-free-encryption-apps/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Protecting customers’ personal data is vitally important to the future success of every organization. Encrypting that data with one of these apps is a good place to start. [...]
- Magic Password Revolutionizes WordPre... — Discover Magic Password. A secure passwordless authentication for WordPress. Magic Password — WordPress Pluginshttps://wordpress.org/plugins/magic-password/Magic Password is a free security plugin, which allows you to log in by scanning QR code. It’s simple, quick, and highly secure—like magic! It’s even better than two-factor authentication (2FA) because you don’t have to enter login, password and 2FA code. [...]
- 11 Dangerous Data Breaches That Shoul... — 11 Dangerous Data Breaches That Should Freak You Out | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/346836/11-dangerous-data-breaches-that-should-freak-you-out?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleIn recent decades, we’ve seen some of the most secure servers in the world breached by black hats. We spotlight the intrusions and leaks that caused serious damage, whether it be financial or informational. [...]
- Shitty Citi Mobile App has been award... — Hahahahahahaha! Have you guys at TheAsset.com tried this shittybank app at all? It’s a convoluted hodgepodge of conflicting security methodologies rendering it unusable! From disappearing iOS TouchID settings, constantly requiring SMS 2FA, disappearing Token request so-called feature, self-resetting passwords, and recently 20th century voice authentication. 😂 </donvy> [...]